Saturday, January 15, 2011

Top 40 names for my hypothetical future stepchildren

I’ve got to admit I’m not the biggest fan of children and I don’t plan to ever have any biological children of my own. However, if one day far in the future I meet that Mr. Right, he and I settle down, and he says that he wants children: then I will consider it. We may adopt some or he may have is own and I will adopt them via a combination of thousands of dollars, a few donor eggs, a surrogate or two, and a very skilled lawyer. Regardless of how they are conceived, I would like a say in naming them.
So last night my friend Ashley Richardson and I got into a conversation about what we would name our hypothetical children if we were to ever have any. Ashley a.k.a. "Annie" then proceeded to tease me about some of the names they chose. Let me be clear, I believe that the process of naming children should be a formal affair. As such, I like formal and oftentimes classical names.
So anyway here is the list of 20 names for my hypothetical future stepson and 20 other names for my hypothetical future stepdaughter, should either of them come into existence.

MALE NAMES
Alexander
Andrew
Antonius
Ashley (No, I’m not kidding Ashley ;))
Cassander
David
Edward
Jason
Jonathan
Julius
Lawrence
Marcus
Michael
Morgan
Paris
Phillip
Ptolemy
Sebastian
Seth
Troy

FEMALE NAMES
Alexandria
Anna
Akilah
Artemis
Cassandra
Chloe
Elizabeth
Gloria (bet you can’t guess where that one comes from…)
Hasina
Hera
Jade
Jacqueline
Josephine
Julia
Marie
Rebecca
Rhea
Roxanne
Sarah
Selene

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm surprised. All of them aren't too bad. But, I like Andrew, David, Michael, Seth, Chloe, and Elizabeth the best.

hetalia_fanatiker said...

Hello :D It's Erika if you couldn't tell by my new blogger name, but anyways...

Haha...I think you have a typo in the first sentence. Shouldn't the sentence read, "I’ve got to admit I’m (NOT) the biggest fan of children”??? Because right now the sentence reads that you ARE a big fan of children. I’m pretty sure that’s a typo because that sentence really confused me, since I know your past history of claiming to ‘hate’ children. Unless of course you lied to me all those years….Lol

As for male names – I’ve always been a huge fan of Edward (long before overrated Twilight ruined everyone’s lives – thank you very much)
And I really like Jason and Troy

As for female names – I’m not necessarily a fan of any of the names you mentioned. I kinda like Akila, but personally I would spell it with an h on the end (Akilah). I don’t know why, but I feel more comfortable with it spelled that way. I think was drawn to that name in the list out of all the other female names, because it reminds me of Amarise – which I love. It’s Hebrew and means “given by God”.

Thomas Alberts said...

Thanks Erika! I'll fix that typo immediately and you are so right on the spelling of Akilah. And I don't "hate" children, I strongly dislike them. haha Anyway, I've always loved the name Edward, although now that you mentioned Twilight the name may have been just ruined for me. lol

Comewhinewithme said...

Ha ha this is a wonderful activity:-)It's quite fun because most english names sounds beautiful to me.

Post a Comment